Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Hugs and 'Kisses'

Being with Kisses Delavin is nice because she's one of the sweetest people I've ever met.
If I’m being completely honest, when I first met Kisses Delavin, I knew very little about her. I didn’t watch Pinoy Big Brother Lucky 7 closely, so all I knew was that Kisses was a Star Magic Workshops student like me. 

Thankfully, it turned out that was all I needed to forge a connection with the Miracle Daughter ng Masbate.

When I saw her at the Big 4’s first press conference—which took place immediately after the Big Night—I thought Kisses looked a lot like Janella Salvador and carried herself like Pia Wurtzbach. She had a regal air that expressed itself in the way she talked to the reporters. Her answers to all their questions were well crafted, her words measured yet profound and sincere. From where I sit, that means she’d probably do well in the question round at beauty pageants.

After the presscon, I introduced myself to Kisses and asked for a selfie. Then, when I told her I was a Star Magic Workshops student too, her eyes lit up. We would have spent the entire night gabbing about our acting classes but she had to leave for another engagement. 

Over the next few months, Kisses and I followed each other back on Twitter. We even exchanged tweets...


...and Direct Messages, which of course will stay private. 😉

I also took time out to visit her and some other friends at the Star Magic Workshops office every Tuesday. Last week, I brought them some brownies that I had baked. Kisses sampled one and she said it was delicious, which made me happy. However, I noticed that she seemed slightly subdued, so as everyone else devoured my brownies, I pulled Kisses aside and asked if everything was alright with her.

I won’t go into detail, but suffice it to say I had to remind her that she’s a beautiful, independent and strong young woman—she’s already 18—who truly has what it takes to build a successful showbiz career.

When I finished talking, Kisses said, “Salamat, kuya. Ang bait-bait mo sa amin kahit baguhan pa lang kami.”

“Walang anuman,” I replied. “Ganito ako because workshopper din ako. We have the same dreams. I want you to know that I’m always here if and when you need me. I don’t want you or any of your classmates to feel like you have no one to turn to when you need encouragement. I want to spare you guys that feeling because I’ve been there and it sucks.”

For a moment I thought Kisses would cry. But then she took a deep breath, smiled and hugged me. I was so surprised that all I could do was pat her back and tried not to cry myself.

That same night, Direk Rahyan invited me to audit Kisses’ class. We sat in the back—in the same row as Christian Morones and Marco Gallo—and watched as students from the Advanced Class and Masterclass did camera work. Watching the scene made me tear up. Kisses noticed how emotional I was, so she took my hand and squeezed it. She had strength to spare even if she was as caught up in the intensity of the scene as I was. (It’s a workshopper thing. It’s hard to explain.)

I’m aware that there are a lot of people who don’t like Kisses based on what they saw of her during her Pinoy Big Brother Lucky 7 stint. But I believe to know her is to love her. Hey, I didn’t know much about her at first, but now I do and I love her to bits.

21 comments

  1. This blog made me love Kisses even more. Thank you, Sir Julian! May God bless you more! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thank you sir Julian for this blog I love kisses more than before because of this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your very kind words. Thank you for loving her. I hope this will encourage more people to try and get to know her better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaka touch nman poh,, naiyak ako habang ng babasa,,😭 sarap ulit ulit nakakataba ng puso,,❤ Thank you so much Sir Julian! sa love muh kai #KISSES😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you po. Aside from her supporters we know she also needs encouragement and wisdom from her colleagues at showbizness. Not everyone is open to see the real Kisses - bubbly, sweet, optimistic, intelligent, caring and loving. Who wouldnt fall inlove with her we did. Other people will continue to bash her and will try to put her down. What matters most is that we know the truth and we are grateful to have known her. Kissables will always be grateful to you for loving Kisses the way we love her. God bless you po.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nakakatouch naman 'to Sir Julian! Kaya siya talaga pinili kong mahalin at suportahan kasi nafifeel ko talaga na sobrang bait at yung pagmamahal niya rin saming mga fans niya. I love you Kisses and never ever magbabago yun. I'll always hero to support you no matter what. ������������

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for this SirJulian. Ang sarap basahin ng paulit ulit. To know Kisses is to lover her indeed. I've never loved any celebrity like I love Kisses. She has this charisma na ndi ma explain eh. I guess that's her x-factor. Praying she will go far in thebiz. I know she will, esp knowing that she's surrounded with people like you Sir who encourages and loves her as much. Thanks once again for this beautifully written blog. More to come? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sir thank u po ... bkit hbang binabasa ko naiyak aq.. From the start kay Kisses n ako humanga at mas lalo ko pang hinanhangan xa ngayun... love u Kisses dito lng kming mga Kissables for u.. God Bless u always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you po. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow thx Sir Julian. THATS why we love her so much. GODBLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Sir Julian, ka proud maging fan ni Kisses ��

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kisses being kisses...i love her

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks sir for this...kmi din po ng fans nya...i feel her sincerity & innocense...sa edad kng eto, never been followed an artist like i did to her, can't explain the hook, her smile rings gud vibes to me, her words inspires me and adore her more for that... a heartfelt thanks for being nice and making this blog for her...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kkaiyak at nakkaproud maging fan ni Kisses.thank you so much po sir julian sna po hnd magbbgo ang love nyo kay kisses.God bless po

    ReplyDelete
  15. why im too emotional while reading this,literally im crying eventhough I didnt meet kisses personally but I saw her every nyt during pbb days her journey inside the house made me realize that there are still people like her that full of love to give and sees everything in a positive way and she cares everyone more than of herself what a one in a million girl she is,she personally inspires me.im a silent fan from the north and I support her in anyway I can buying stuff that u endores, i am team no group,☺...keep grounded my dear eveything will be taken cared of as long theres faith in him.love you and God bless you & your family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for the kind words for kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Julian for your kind words to Kisses...Proud fan here

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hany Dela Vega19 July, 2017 03:27

    Kisses is a gem. She may not be the best singer, dancer or actress but she has in her something magical. Her natural charm and warmth draw people to her. Bashers exist because they couldn't accept that attitude always win over talent. Her personality is endearing. Her care, genuine. Her love, unconditional. At 40 and a mother of two, I'm proud to say I'm a Kissable.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much sir Julian for being there to Kisses. She found a great friend in you. Kisses is just a simple girl yet rich which try harder to attain what her dreams are. She really value everything that she accomplished and every persons who love her unconditionally. She maybe weak on what the others saw in her but as what Edward Barber said, you cant hate kisses, shes not a girly girl and shes tough.. too many obstacles in life she maybe encountered but i always assure her that my support for her will always forever be.. keep fighting kisses.. always have faith.. more blessing to come..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tnx so much for this Sir Julian..,am just suppressing my tears because am at the kitchen right now together with my sister and officemates..,*sniffed*like you watching pbb is not my daily thing..,but everytime i visits my father, am always wondering why my sister seems busy all the time...,until I started to ask questions and she told me about Kween..,she's like this, like that, so adorable,kind,sweet,lovable.Curiosity kills me,then i watched pbb in youtube.,that's the time Kisses captures my heart,and the next thing i knew, am one of her avid fan na..,i've experienced to watch the big night live, tnx to my sister and her co-fans..,juicecolored!!!ang daming supporters ni Kween sa big night..,!!!may time pa nga na hindi ko napigil ang sarili ko sa sobrang inis sa isang fandom, so i lifted my middle finger and pointed at them kc sinapawan nila ang tarp ng kissward tpus nagmalaki pa cla..,dapat silent fan lang ako but because of the bashers and haters ni Kween na nambanatikos sa kanya na mga pawang walang katotohanan naman, hindi ko napipigilan ang sarili ko to fight back..,Kisses don't deserve those hateful and below the belt words. I came to realized that fangirling is not an easy thing to do, it will caused you sleepless nights and triggered the sleeping beast in you. I just do hope that Kisses resiliency will become stronger to face bunches of bashers and haters..,God Bless You and your Family Kween..,continue being a Kweenspiration to your fans and to those people who believe and love you unconditionally.

    ReplyDelete
  21. very well said...lovelots kisses...stay being humble kween...our baby girl...

    ReplyDelete

© Jules Explains it All
Maira Gall