Sunday, March 06, 2016

Everything

Jane Oineza on Kris TV with her Always Be My Maybe co-star Arci Munoz. They dropped by the Queen of All Media's show to promote their movie and talk about life and love in general as well.
I’m starting to feel like ‘tis the season to drop bombshells, fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la. First, James Reid and Nadine Lustre came clean about their relationship at the end of their recent Araneta Coliseum concert. Then a few days ago, Jane Oineza guested on Kris TV to promote her movie Always Be My Maybe. In one segment of the show, Jane confirmed to Kris Aquino that she and De La Salle Green Archer Jeron Teng had called it quits. You can watch that segment below:


I actually wasn’t able to watch the episode when it aired because I was still asleep at the time. I’m an insomniac, so I end up going to bed in the wee hours of the morning and rarely wake up on time for Kris TV. Ergo, I had to settle for a YouTube video instead. But had I known that Jane was going to talk about Jeron that day, I would’ve set every alarm clock in my house to make sure I could watch her do it live. But I digress.

I have to say that I wasn’t as susprised as everyone else was by news of their breakup. I started to feel like something was amiss between her and Jeron late last year. But I wasn’t able to touch base with either of them to find out if my hunch had any merit to it—I was busy trying to recover after being diagnosed with a mental health problem last May, and they had their own full plates to deal with.

I was able to raise Jane a few times on Viber while she was on vacay in Dubai, but I didn’t feel like that was the best platform on which to ask her the questions I really wanted to ask. We just made plans to catch up over dinner with our BFF Jan Enriquez when she got back to Manila. So it was that when the three of us were seated around a table in the Bonifacio Global City branch of Army Navy earlier this year, we talked about everything under the sun—including my diagnosis, and, of course, the breakup.

Jan and I, as well as our mutual friend France Sajorda, have been privy to most of the details of Jane and Jeron’s situation. As you may know, it was Jan who first introduced them to each other and France served as confidant to both of them. But we decided to sit on those details for months, only sharing what we could without breaking Jane’s or Jeron’s trust. We did that because we value our friendships. As for Jane, I think the reason she never really confirmed a relationship with Jeron one way or the otheronly sharing bits and pieces in interviews and on social mediawas because she wanted to protect what they had without building too high a wall, you know what I mean? Which, if you think about it, is also understandable.

Going back to the Kris TV segment, I liked how the Queen of All Media handled the interview. She was honest about her own friendship with Jeron and his family. Kris and Jeron’s mother Susan Teng are ninang sa kasal to celebrity stylist Boop Yap-Tanedo, who married businessman Kevin Tanedo last year. However, Kris was totally diplomatic in her approach. Kris remained sensitive of Jane’s feelings while grilling her about Jeron. I think that’s why Jane opened up to her, since Kris made her feel at ease even when the interview ventured into emotional territory.

One of the things I liked best about this interview was that she dropped a lot of quotable quotes, especially this one: "If it’s not meant to be, then hindi talaga siya mangyayari. And siguro, may mga bagay rin na mas deserve mo or mas deserve ng ibang tao. So yun, yun yung lesson learned."

She later added, "Kailangan mo munang maging OK sa sarili mo. Kailangan mo munang maging buo bago mo ma-i-sha-share yung sarili mo sa iba. Kasi kapag kulang ka rin naman, sayang rin."

My girl may be able to shed copious amounts of tears at the drop of a hat when she has to, like when she’s taping a heavy scene for a movie or teleserye, but Jane's not overly dramatic in real life. When she goes through something painful, she doesn’t cry about it. That’s more my style. Haha! But seriously, I do think Jane has been handling this situation in the best possible way—with class and pragmatic thinking. I like that she’s able to see the good in goodbye. I think everyone out there who has gone through or is going through something similar would do well to try and follow Jane’s example. The end of a relationship, however beautiful it may have been, shouldn't be the end of your world. It should be the jumping-off point from which you create a better one. Jane's doing just that. She's focusing on her career, so I think you should all keep an eye out for Bloody Crayons, her next movie under Star Cinema.

As Taylor Swift once said, “She lost him but she found herself, and somehow that was everything.”

Did you like this post? Sound off in the comments!

All media courtesy of this YouTube channel.

7 comments

  1. Wow thank you so much Sir Julian! Nice blog sumasabay sa Fashion Pulis
    Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u for that wonderful blog... ganda.. I follow u in ur twitter, IG now also your blog.. thanks for being a good friend to Jane <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow thanks sir for loving our baby janey

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope that the issues may have been cleared, so much write-ups about this. Thanks Julian for your kindness and support over Jane's career.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tnx sir juls for all d support to jane..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tnx sir juls for all d support to jane..

    ReplyDelete

© Jules Explains it All
Maira Gall